SKINCARE, TOOLS, AND BEAUTY- WHAT REALLY WORKS?
This series should answer the question I receive most often, “What really works?”
I have created a skincare advent calendar based on my favorites.
I have a ton of skincare, makeup, and gadgets. Here are my 25 favorite skincare and beauty tools, many of which I’ve been using for over five years.
For my community members, there are some new treats as well. These are my tried and true favorites I use. I am keeping this calendar PG so all the products are easily found on Amazon in the highlighted links, and promo codes where available.
I’ve categorized the items into:
Hydration is critical to glowing skin. Here’s the countdown of my five favorite skin moisturizers.
- 1 Daiso Mask – The silicon sheet mask cover. This cover locks on top of your sheet mask, allowing for longer hydration since the environment is not actively drying your sheet mask out. You can even use a face cream and lock the mask on top for deep hydration.
- 2 COSRX Snail Mask – The COSRX Snail Mucin Sheet Mask remains my most reordered and used sheet mask to date. The mucin is extremely hydrating and has a ton of serum in a pouch, perfect for pulling down your neck.
- 3 EasyDew EGF Serum- The Easy Dew EGF serum. This serum features epidermal growth factors to encourage collagen. I typically microneedle with this amazing serum, but it can be applied topically as well.
- 4 Fulvic Acid Spray – This Fulvic Mineral Mist. I’ve only had it a few weeks, and it’s quickly become my go-to spray. I love how glowy it leaves my skin. It locks in moisture, and it’s great for hair, too.
- 5 Wander Beauty Undereye Patches – The Wander Beauty baggage claim eye masks. Not only do they offer great selfies, but the foil lining traps in heat, allowing the serum to penetrate deeper.
Brighter skin looks younger and radiant. Here are my five favorite skin brighteners.
DAYS 6-10 BRIGHTENING
- 1 Sun Shield If you do skin treatments like me, protection is key to keeping your skin bright. Invest in a UV sun-shield to ensure your skin is protected while healing.
- 2 Bloom Effects Sunscreen Serum SPF 50 Code: Naturalkaos The Bloom Effects SPF50 serum is new but a huge winner! This 100% mineral SPF has a sheer finish. Many mineral SPFs with this finish are hybrids with chemical blockers; this one stands out because it’s all mineral and sheer.
- 3 The Ordinary Peeling Solution The Ordinary Peeling Solution remains a weekly favorite. It’s great for sensitive skin and combines AHA with BHA to keep your pores and skin clear.
- 4 Neutrogena Vitamin C Capsules Vitamin C starts to degrade the minute you unscrew a bottle. Instead, use the Neutrogena Vitamin C capsules and be confident that every time you squeeze a capsule, you are getting potent vitamin C.
- 5 PCA Pumpkin Toner The PCA Pumpkin Toner not only smells like Pumpkin Pie, but it includes pumpkin wine and lactic acid to clear and brighten while being gentle for sensitive skin.
I use a lot of skin gadgets to improve my skin at home. Here’s my five favorite devices
- 1 Dr. Pen M8S Microneedling changed my life, and it all started with the Dr. Pen. I recently bought the new Dr Pen M8S. It has a strong metal build similar to the previous model, but the cartridges and the storage box have been upgraded, which I appreciate.
- 2 NIRA PRECISON LASER Code: Kaos10 Is the Nira Precision Laser. I’ve used this non-ablative laser for over two years to strengthen the skin around my eyes. It shoots a heated beam into your skin to cause micro trauma for collagen induction and is safe to use daily. It also expedites healing after procedures that create bruises.
- 3 High Frequency Wand Clinical Nuderma Clinical High Frequency wand. Stimulating my scalp for long, strong hair is a focus, and I use this wand three times per week to encourage stronger hair. This set includes six fusion wands to use all over your body, including treating bacne.
- 4 Maysama Red LED Panel Code: nkaos10 I recently received the Maysama RED LED panel and was blown away by its power and its new technology. This panel features 660 and 850nm wavelengths and a pulse setting that reduces inflammation a side effective from stagnant LED Light sources.
- 5 Revive Mini Sonique 10% Code: Kaos10 I have many skin cleansing devices, and I love the Revive Mini Sonique because it’s inexpensive and features blue and red LED lights. Besides the soothing sonic vibration that deep cleans pores, its simple design also makes pushing in serums simple.
I use a lot of skin gadgets to improve my skin at home. Here are my five favorite Tools
- 1 DJI Osmo Pocket 3 https://urlgeni.us/amzn/_Xb5qDJIomsmo3 I have tools for video making, and this new DJI Osmo Pocket 3 is killing it! I have all three models, and this version is a huge upgrade. The vertical 3K filming option is incredible for a creator, and the active tracker is the best I’ve ever used. Its small size means it’s always with me for smooth b roll! Honestly, there are so many features and not enough time:)
- 2 TCA ACID Code: KAOS20 My favorite skin acid is TCA. Over the years, this has become harder to source, but makeup artist choice still offers TCA along with other skin-peeling acids.
- 3 Disposable 10R Scalpel Blades These are by far my favorite dermaplaning scalpels. These 10R blades have a rounded end perfect for shaving your face. They come individually sanitized, ready for use, and then easy to dispose of.
- 4 UV Sanitization Box If you microneedle, clip nails, or have other beauty torture devices, you need a UV sanitization box. This one has a lot of space and even has a USB and USBC for charging devices while disinfecting.
- 5 Laduora LED BEAUTY WAND Kaos15 for 15% LINK The Laduora Wand has been a constant travel companion. It has both red and blue light, heat, and microcurrent, perfect for depuffing on flights. Plus, it’s the size of a pen, perfect for taking anywhere.
BEAUTY Here’s my five favorite Beauty items.
- 1 Dolce Glow Spray Tan Light to Med Code: KIMBERLYPRATT Because I’m very fair, I’ve tested a ton of self-tanners. This Dolce Glow Spray mist is hands down my favorite. I use the Light to Medium formula, and it gives me a quick, natural tan. It’s an aerosol can that mists all over your body and dries super fast. In fact, I spray my body and then throw on my clothes; it’s truly a great product.
- 2 Donna Karen Cashmere Deodorant I love this deodorant! I was introduced to the Donna Karen Cashmere deodorant 15 years ago, and it is still my favorite. The smell is fabulous, and I feel so luxurious even when I’m applying deodorant.
- 3 DP HUE Gloss This summer, I thrashed my hair, and I’m noticing the impact now. I recently used this DP HUE gloss to coat my strands in the shower. It was incredible how masking in this formula for 20 minutes made my hair feel so soft and healthy.
- 4 Brows Benefit Fluff Up Brow Wax I love a big imperfect brow, and this Benefit Fluff Up Brow Wax gives me extra texture, and you can use it to faux laminate your brows. This is different from a brow gel; this is like lash primer; in fact, it might be the exact same formula.
- 5 Oribe Dry Texture Spray For over a year, the Oribe Dry Texture Spray has been my favorite setting hair spray. It’s not a stronghold, but the smell is everything, and the texture isn’t stiff; like Goldie Locks said, “It’s just right.” In fact, I’m giving this spray at this year’s favorite things party.
https://www.youtube.com/live/fVePWq7zLKo?si=d8-aPtNe2B2gzi-Q Walkie Talkie On Monday Feb 26th 2024 BPC157 stands for “BODY PROTECTIVE COMPOUND” BPC157…
https://www.youtube.com/live/Xz7hyDwn2J4?si=g4Dl4A3sem65LdDg PEPTIDES Peptide use focuses on cellular optimization. As we age, we feel tired, forget…
https://www.youtube.com/live/m-W7HPc2MGc?si=xpkBK_eU4PvVk-jL Peptide Stack Prep – MOTS-c https://www.naturalkaos.com/mots-c-peptide/ LINK: MOTS- C PEPTDE WATCH MY FULL PEPTIDE…
https://www.youtube.com/live/KY5ys_pjBy8?si=_xx79gc0shBvgIXt MOTS-c What is MOTS-c? MOTS-c or M O T S-c is a peptide. But…
STACKING MY PEPTIDES In January I started using Ipamorelin and love the deep sleep and…
https://www.youtube.com/live/7Vk-VlGxCnc?si=00EUkeLXgtV1AriZ LIVE Peptide Walk and Talk: Chatting about Peptides I’ve Used plus HRT This LIVE…