These are my Top 5 Skin Tips. I realize these may seem very basic, but these are truly the most effective and affordable elements to master.I honestly believe, if you can’t make these 5 tips part of your daily life, then you should not be using Acids, Plasma Fibroblasting, or Lasers. After you get these 5 tips down then you are ready to add more protocols:)
-If you refuse to wear sunscreen then there is no point in continuing with skincare, as the Sun is the BIGGEST FACTOR in diminished skin.
-Find a mineral sunscreen with an SPF of 40 or greater.
-Chemical sunscreens act almost like a sponge, absorbing UV light, while physical sunscreens act more like a shield, deflecting the sun’s rays.
-People will complain about the white cast that mineral-based sunscreens can leave or how they are difficult to rub in. In my opinion, these physical shields have drastically improved and I’m loving this ISDIN 11% Zinc Oxide mineral-based sunscreen from Japan.
I have used this Elta MD UV Clear spf 46 for years. Its lightweight and does not leave a cast. 9% Zinc Oxide
This Glo 40 SPF by Skin Beauty really does glow up your skin and it has very little white cast. 7.5% Zinc Oxide.
TROLL COMMENTS from this video:)
#2 WASH YOUR FACE
-I do a double cleanse at night and a simple splash of water in the morning.
-Double cleanse is done by first washing with an oil balm that is attracted to oil deep in your skin. Remember oil likes oil.
Afterward, use a gentle foaming cleanser to remove extra oil and particles that remain.
-By morning, my skincare has absorbed into my skin during the night, so I simply splash water on my face and then spritz with an essence.
#3 TRETINOIN (Retin A) at Night
Tretinoin is a Retinoid
Sometimes there is confusion about Retinoids, let’s clear it up.
- The term Retinoid is used to describe compounds that are derived from Vitamin A.
- Retinols and Retin-A are types of Retinoids: Just like homemade Chocolate Chip and Chips Ahoy are both cookies.
- Retinol is the natural form of Vitamin A. Which is why you find it in lots of over-the-counter beauty products. Retinol products are slow to have an effect, as Retinol alone does not impact your skin, your body’s enzymes need to convert Retinol into retinoic Acid. Because of this process, it’s difficult to know how much retinoic acid is actually being made in order to have any impact. This causes Retinol to be gentle, but very slow.
- Tretinoin is synthetically made Vitamin A, its straight retinoid acid. The brand name is Retin A. Because you don’t have to wait for the skin to convert it (to retinoic acid), Retin-A works faster and is more powerful than retinol products. You may see improvement in six to eight weeks.
- the lowest strength of Tretinoin is stronger than Retinol.
Above is .1% cream that I bought in Mexico last year. I always try to buy 2 bottles when I’m in Mexico as the .1% cream is my favorite form of Tretinoin.
Above is the gel version .04%, I prefer a cream tretinoin however creams are harder to find online.
Benefits of Retinoids: Firmer Skin
- Smoother Skin
- Brighter Skin
These benefits are achieved because Retinoic Acid causes cellular turnover. As we get older our skin’s rate of cellular turnover slows down, Retinoic Acid speeds it up.
Remember Tip #1 is sunscreen, you need to be wearing sunscreen if you are going to use Retinoic Acid.
You can purchase different strengths of Retin A
Hydration and nutrition. Water is FREE! It’s the cheapest possible thing to do for your skin. If you get filler which is Hyaluronic Acid it will last longer if your body is hydrated.
I’ve utilized Liquid IV from time to time to help me boost the hydration of the water I’m drinking. These water boosters claim to multiply the hydration of the water you intake, plus they additives with collagen.
#5 VITAMIN C SERUM CAPSULES
During the day you need a Vitamin C serum protecting your skin from Free Radicals.
- Free Radicals are unstable atoms that damage cells, causing illness and aging. This happens when an atom loses an electron. Atoms like to be balanced with equal amounts of electrons and so these unstable atoms attack other atoms, like in your skin, in an attempt to steal an electron for stability.
- The reason Vitamin C can go bad so fast is that it’s the most effective antioxidant and gives up as many electrons as possible to stop the chain reaction that can happen as a result of free radicals stealing electrons.
- Get vitamin C capsules rather than a bottle of serum. This will cause your vitamin C to last longer and actually be effective.
- How do you know when Vitamin C is bad? Many serums are yellow, but if your product takes on a brown or dark orange hue, it’s time to toss because it’s gone bad. If your serum starts out clear and turns yellow, that’s also a sign it’s oxidizing and will be less effective.
- An unopened bottle of Vitamin C can last about 1 year.
- Once a vitamin C bottle is opened use it within 3 months and then toss it.
- Vitamin c capsules have a longer life, since they are sealed, plus they travel so much better than a glass serum bottle.
Once you’ve adopted these 5 skin tips into your routine and use this as your routine:) You are then ready to contemplate microneedling, acid peels, plasma fibroblast, and lasers.
- SUNSCREEN (so no more damage occurs and so you can use Retin A)
- DOUBLE CLEANSE (you are an avid SPF user now. Double cleanse with first oil to lift items like SPF and then follow with a foam wash to ensure all dirt is removed.)
- RETIN A (inspires your skin cells to turn over, this minimizes wrinkles and brightens your complexion. Tretinoin makes you very susceptible to the sun which is why you have to wear SPF). KAOS10 saves 10% at RELIABLE RX
- WATER I think this could easily be before #1:) If you struggle with hydration try the water multipliers and include collagen to boost it further.
- VITAMIN C goes bad quickly. It’s best to find Vitamin C serum capsules so you can extend the life of your Vitamin C. Use Vitamin C serum every morning before SPF application.
Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog, have a wonderful day and I hope to always bring you value in one form or another…